I am looking for a Linux System Administrator for my client who are based in the technology hub of the UK in Cambridge. You be working in a team which provides support to over 700 colleagues and is responsible for defining, implementing, developing and maintaining a wide range of services to support business processes and systems.
My client is looking for a System Administrator with Linux support and scripting experience to provide expert support for engineering tools and infrastructure. The structure of this position would be split into two divisions and once ready, you will take over some of the critical aspects of these systems.
You will be part of the IT Services team, and will cooperate with the engineering teams to build, deploy, maintain and improve engineering tools and infrastructure such Git, SVN, Jira and in-house developed systems.
You will contribute to the continuous improvement of operational processes and my client will support you as you learn.
- Build, deploy, maintain and ensure the operational accessibility of engineering tools and infrastructure
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop new strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Troubleshoot issues with applications and services
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and tools are patched and monitored
- Maintain technical documentation
- Experience of supporting VMware
- Scripting Experience Required
- Hands on experience of using and supporting Subversion or Git
- Supporting continuous integration tools
- Willingness to learn new tech skills as required with excellent training provided
- Experience of configuration management and orchestration tools
- An appreciation of IT Security and Cyber Security best practices
- Company profit share scheme in addition to basic salary
- Pension scheme
- Life, disability and travel insurance, plus private healthcare
- Free canteen - breakfast, lunch and refreshments
- 25 days annual holiday plus public holidays, with flexibility to carry over / borrow
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Social committee
- Discounted train season tickets, through Travel Plan Plus
- Free shuttle service to/from Cambridge North train station
- Salary based on merit and reviewed annually
Apply Now or speak to Ryan Mullan.