Logistic Procurement Manager that leads the Sourcing and Procurement stream for world class companies.
This role is working for a world class consultancy who work with some of the best most recognisable brands. The company support their staff and offer amazing career paths. The main tasks of the role are:
Professional skills requirements
- Work with key stakeholders to understands needs and requirements, and drive project success
- Ensuring support of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and additional sourcing efforts (Request for Information – RFIs) which align with business strategies and regional procurement needs
- Analysis and handling of global transportation tenders with supporting of technological tools
- Handle major procurement actions and negotiations for new business segments or new sites
- Perform supplier selection, contract negotiation and implementation through strategic sourcing process. Upon implementation, actively manage vendor contracts and proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement the procurement policies, procedures and workflow by executing the global logistics strategy
- Closely work with in each country to understand the local market and advocate the strategic solutions accordingly
- Develop/present procurement plans & deep dives to exceed critical business goals
- Analysis: Insightfulness into techniques and trends that can support commercially excellent decision making. Rigor in running and maintaining global processes
- Negotiating freight forwarder, distribution center and transportation contracts and the financial analysis associated with driving an agreement that supports Apple’s objectives
- Keep track of relevant market developments, regulations, and innovations
- Must have 8+ years of managing logistics vendors in large, multinational, companies
- High level of English. Knowledge of other languages, especially German or French would be an asset
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Logistics sourcing and procurement experience in an FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Metals & Mining, Automotive, Healthcare, Retail or White Goods industry
- Experience in international freight, warehousing and domestic transportation.
- Must be able to detect sales opportunities and generate sales with new and existing clients.
- Be able to lead end to end procurement projects with first class global companies.
APPLY NOW or contact Niall Fearon from IC Resources for details
- Prior experience leading a team of professionals in a multifaceted global environment is critical.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft office tools