Based in Birmingham an amazing role has become available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a renowned R&D facility focused on the research and development of technology for traction, renewable energy and the automotive industry. This role is a part of the traction team.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for structural design and analysis of power converters as well as their associated thermals.
Other aspects of the role include:
- Compile product BOM lists.
- Evaluation of products and develop new prototypes.
- Explore new integration technology for traction drives.
- Developing experimental methods for new projects.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a proven background in the following:
- The use of Solid works/ 3-D CAD.
- Experience with thermal and fluid dynamics.
- Experience in a range of technologies, including motors and electrical systems packaging.
If this Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy sounds of interest, then please get in touch to find out more.