A leading producer of integrated optical chips with a strong focus on medical applications is looking to hire Analog IC Layout/CAD Engineer with experience in the full design flow as well as Python or C++ to take on the role of Photonics Layout Engineer. Coding will be a large part or your responsibilities. This role can be fully remote if you are based in the UK.
In your role as Photonics Layout Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Drawing and delivering of files in GDS format representing Si photonic devices;
- Contribute to developing Linux based Si photonic platform;
- Establish, document, and update design rules for the used processes, process flow documentation, and related IP;
- Standardise and write guidelines for Si photonics layout best practices in Linux environment;
- Implement revision control standards and documentation for layout changes, reviews and approvals;
- Be responsible for developing and drawing test structures to monitor and characterise critical device features and process tolerances;
- Ensure data, layout and document sharing across RP locations and teams, working closely with the design team to feedback process capabilities into the design;
- Support the update and implementation of the design/layout/process interaction flow.
As the successful Photonics Layout Engineer has the following background and skills:
- BSc in related field plus at least 5 years design flow experience, project management and Analog IC Layout using industry standard EDA tools from Cadence, Mentor and/or Synopsys. Experience in photonics layout is a strong advantage to your application.
- Experience with Python, C++, or other programming languages is beneficial
- Experience in developing test structures and design rules
To apply, please click APPLY NOW or call Ane Bauer at IC Reosurces for more information.