A leading producer of integrated optical chips with a strong focus on medical applications is looking to hire Analog IC Layout/CAD Engineer with experience in the full design flow as well as Python or C++ to take on the role of Photonics Layout Engineer. Coding will be a large part or your responsibilities. A partially remote solution can be discussed if you are based in the UK.
In your role as Photonics Layout Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Drawing and delivering of files in GDS format representing Si photonic devices;
- Contribute to developing Linux based Si photonic platform;
- Establish, document, and update design rules for the used processes, process flow documentation, and related IP;
- Standardize and write guidelines for Si photonics layout best practices in Linux environment;
- Implement revision control standards and documentation for layout changes, reviews and approvals;
- Be responsible for developing and drawing test structures to monitor and characterise critical device features and process tolerances;
- Ensure data, layout and document sharing across RP locations and teams, working closely with the design team to feedback process capabilities into the design;
- Support the update and implementation of the design/layout/process interaction flow.
As the successful Photonics Layout Engineer has the following background and skills:
- BSc in related field plus at least 5 years design flow experience, project management and Analog IC Layout using industry standard EDA tools from Cadence, Mentor and/or Synopsys. Experience in photonics layout is a strong advantage to your application.
- Experience with Python, C++, or other programming languages is beneficial
- Experience in developing test structures and design rules
To apply, please click APPLY NOW to speak to a member of our team.