Physical Design Engineer Emerging Semiconductor company landing in the UK!! This is a truly remarkable and exciting opportunity to join my client; a fabless semiconductor company and provider of commercial RISC-V processor IP and silicon chips!
Initially I am looking for Physical Design Engineers to be based in the Cambridge area however for the right candidate remote working/ hybrid model can be considered.
You will be instrumental in the companies UK and European growth strategy as they look to dominate and cement their space in the European market. Headquartered in the USA and with industry leading investors there is no better time to be a part of this fantastic journey.
As the leading commercial provider of RISC-V processor IP, you will get the opportunity to work across many of the industry’s leading markets including 5G, edge AI, storage, and consumer devices
whilst working on products including cores, SoCs, IPs, and development boards.
As a Physical Design Engineer in the Implementation team, you will contribute to the development of industry-leading CPU IP to support the company vision of enabling chip design by anyone. Responsibilities:
- Implementing and optimising the company’s broad portfolio of RISC-V CPU's from RTL to GDSII.
- Closing ambitious performance, power, and area (PPA) goals at block and/or CPU level.
- Collaborating with the microarchitecture and RTL teams to optimize PPA trade offs.
- Contributing to physical implementation flow development to drive best-in-class automation and PPA.
- 5+ years of physical implementation experience with multiple tape outs in a wide range of technologies (28nm - 5nm);
- Experience with CPU implementation and advanced process nodes (16nm and below) is strongly preferred;
- Expertise in synthesis, DFT insertion, floorplanning, place and route, clock tree synthesis, static timing, power analysis, and signal and power integrity.
- Experience with physical signoff (DRC/ANT/LVS/DFM, etc.) and engineering change orders (ECO's).
- Knowledge and skill in optimising PPA through floorplanning, placement and timing constraints, useful skew, and similar techniques
- TCL scripting; Python scripting is a plus.
As a top and emerging employer my client can offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off, health benefits, employee stock option program, and much more. UK and EU Nationals/Civilians only
– my client also have a European presence so if relocation isn’t for you, please do still get in touch for the same opportunity in mainland Europe. (France)
For more information contact Rachel Mason at IC Resources – 0118 9881107