Physical Design Manager!
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's fastest growing semiconductor clients as a Physical Design Manager
My client is a leading worldwide vendor providing Analog IC, Digital mixed signal ASIC, FPGA and system design services to its international customers and cross an array of industries including automotive and wireless comms! You will be involved in full turn key projects from specification right through to chip delivery.
As the Physical Design Manager you will have vast experience in chip design from RTL to GDSII full flow, focusing on synthesis, implementation and PnR. You wiill still want to remain hands on with the role being a 50/50 split between hands on design and technical, project and people management. You will be leading a team of up to six engineers and be responsible for chip delivery to the end clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to move into management and ideally you will have some project management experience already. Description:
The role includes responsibility for floor planning, physical synthesis and physical verification of large complex designs as well as being responsible for driving timing closure through physical synthesis and Place & Route tools and working with ASIC vendors. Key qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience in backend flow.
- Experience in some form of technical management or project management
- Experience with large SoC designs and working down to advanced process nodes, sub 28nm
- Hands on experience in block level implementation including physical synthesis, P&R, CTS and optimisation
- Well versed with timing constraints, STA and timing closure and AC timing
- Hands on experience with Physical Design Verification Flows - LVS/DRC/Antenna
- Experience in EM/IR-Drop/Xtalk analysis
- Experience with low power design features and flows
- You will have the confidence to make important technical decision with vendor and end customers
For more information on this great opportunity which also allows for partial remote working and company growth than contact Rob Maw at IC Resources!