A new and exciting opportunity has arisen to join an expanding company working developing high tech communications and radar technologies. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on antenna technology to serve markets including; broadband mobility, satellite communications and Internet of Things (IoT).
As a Principal Analog/RF IC Design Engineer you will be tasked to work on the specification, architecture design and circuit design of key circuits as well as sub-systems of integrated RF transceivers for the next generation of satellite communications in various deep sub-micron technologies.
- Responsible for the design of a complex transceiver blocks (Ku band) in BiCMOS 22nm FDSOI process or other technologies
- Hands-on block-level and architecture-level design of various blocks such as LNA, Mixer, TIA, Filter, PA, Opamps, LO and Filters
- Delivering Analog/RF blocks with leading edge performance using innovative architectures
- Working closely with the layout team
- Collaborate with CAD, process technology, package design and Antenna teams
- Documentation of design work and participate in design reviews
- Provide technical expertise and mentor junior team members
Industry degree qualified the successful Principal Analog/RF IC Design Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years experience in RF, Analog and Mixed-Signal IC design (preferably up to 15GHz operating frequencies)
Experience is required in the following:
- Solid understanding of RF CMOS circuit design and transceiver architectures
- Experience of designing high performance RF circuits in deep sub-micron technology
- Cadence Virtuoso Design Framework Experience
- Experience on Layout design and strategy overview
Desirable experience includes:
- Circuit design on 22nm FDSOI, and BiCMOS process nodes for RF, Analogue and Mixed-Signal IPs.
- Experience on mmw RF IC design
- Experience on Class-AB LNA design and Class-E RF PA
- Understanding of Radio systems
- Experience in ESD design
- Experience on Cadence/Calibre verification tools
A competitive salary is on offer as well as a range of benefits including bonus, flexible working and modern open plan offices with great views within a vibrant part of London.
Excellent communication skills are required as well as the ability to take responsibility for complex circuit and system designs within delivery timescales. You will have the ability to interact with engineering teams across multiple disciplines during ASIC project stream development.
Contact Leon at IC Resources to apply and find out more.