Principal Data Engineer required to join a global telecoms company who are building a new division for their cloud service offering! This Principal Data Engineer will be the first 'on the ground' to build the ETL pipelines that fuel 'search and discovery' of vast data sets. They'll also be tasked with delivering a 'technology strategy' and building a team of 5-6 Data Engineers in London, who can deliver the vision.
The successful candidate will need:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or similar
- 10+ years of experience within Data Engineering
- Expertise in building ETL pipelines and creating big data solutions
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and R (C++, or Java also beneficial)
- Experience with Machine Learning, NLP, Data Mining or knowledge graph would be advantageous
- A track record leading teams (either directly or on a project basis)
This is a privately owned business turning over in excess of $120bn annually, so they're going 'head to head' with the largest NASDAQ listed technology giants and have the capital to invest in growth. This is a high profile position within the organisation that brings exciting career prospects, both in the UK and overseas. It's likely this Principal Data Engineer will assume responsibility for teams in Asia as time progresses.
Apply now if you're a Principal Data Engineer with experience building ETL pipelines, working with big data, programming in Python, R, C++ or Java, and want to lead a team of Data Engineers in London.