Plessey Semiconductors have vacancies for experienced Process Engineers to work on Process Development here at our high technology manufacturing site in Plymouth. We are world leaders in the exciting new field of micro LED display technology and are developing the products and processes needed for the emerging virtual and augmented reality display markets.
This vacancy is in the Plasma Etch team. The successful candidate will have experience working on RIE and ICP etch tools in a production environment. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of etching semiconductor, metallic and dielectric materials. The successful candidate will have good knowledge of metrology equipment required to keep etch processes in SPC control.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Recipe development and optimisation at the Fab tool level.
- Process tool ownership, including responsibility for documentation, training and tool performance monitoring.
- Integration of tool recipes into the Process architecture.
- Reporting progress to management at weekly and monthly intervals.
- Specifying new tools, chemicals and techniques as required to meet the business objectives.
As well as your pure technical responsibilities you will need good communication skills as you will be interfacing with professionals from both inside and outside the company.
We offer a competitive salary plus additional employee benefits including private health insurance, pension scheme, life insurance, an onsite subsidised gym and canteen and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
To apply you will need:-
- A degree in engineering or science
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the Semiconductor Industry
- A wish for a long term career with us here in the beautiful South West
The position is based at our high tech manufacturing site in Plymouth. During your probationary period you will work Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 16:30, with an hour for lunch.
The successful candidates may be required to work some form of rotating day shift pattern ( shift premium payable) after completion of probation period.
Please contact Rachel Anderson for further details.