The is a new opportunity to join an expert team working on research and development of high-performance RF/MMICs for next generation wireless communications.
Located in their established design centre in Reading, UK, in this role you will be working alongside experienced design engineers to develop high-performance RF ICs ranging from 2 to 60Ghz. The work will include concept and feasibility studies, design and development of RF/MMIC circuit blocks. Responsibilities will include:
- Design and Evaluation including: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Evaluation Board Design and Design Validation.
- Documentation of product and design information
- Product characterisation; define and analyse data
Industry degree qualified the successful RF IC Designer will have a minimum of 10 years experience in either RF IC Design or MMIC Design and will have experience in some or all of the following;
Experience in the following is desired:
- Transistor level IC design and layout in bulk CMOS, SOI or SiGe processes.
- S parameter design and measurement methods and Matching techniques.
- Design experience in different technologies GaAs, GaN, SiGe and understanding comparative advantage and tradeoffs
- RF and MMIC design – RF switches, power amplifiers, LNA, mixers, couplers, combiners.
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance.
- Knowledge of basic Analog Bias and control circuits and their impact on overall RF system.
- Analog & RF IC layout skills.
- IC Tape-out and measurement experience
- Knowledge of Power Amplifiers, LNAs, Active Mixers, Couplers and Combiners
- Software tools: Virtuoso, Cadence Spectre, Keysight ADS, HFSS, Momentum
- RF system design.
- EM (Electromagnetic) modelling of High Frequency Circuits
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is motivated to work in a growing an dynamic team where they can directly influence the success of a dynamic and growing business. Excellent team working skill are important for working jointly with other team members and departments on intellectual projects.
Contact Leon today to find out more and to apply!