I am working with a world-renowned leading Education Institute
based in Cambridge
who are looking for a Principal/Senior DevOps Engineer (Cloud Architect)
working with the latest innovative technology.
The focus for this role as a Principal / Senior DevOps
Engineer to help the institute with a large-scale cloud native transformation, joining a team of 18 engineers to build a new cloud native services
and modernising legacy applications
. The services that your team maintains, of which some are public facing, are mainly used by internal staff and students. These services use modern web architect
standards with API’s and are continuously built and tested using continuous integration tools
. They run on Docker containers
and get deployed to a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud infrastructure
. Your Daily Responsibilities:
Your Required Skills and Experience:
- Advise and work together with developers on infrastructure, maintenance, scalability, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Help developers build good Dockerfiles.
- Design cloud infrastructure, components, Security etc.
- Run automated tests using production container and report on code coverage and code quality.
- Mentor and train less senior DevOps Engineers.
- Use Terraform to create repeatable and scalable infrastructure in Google Cloud and some on AWS. A typical infrastructure will be:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (container based) or Google Cloud Run (serverless with containers)
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Cloud SQL
- Google Cloud KMS
- Stackdriver monitoring and alarming for different components of the infrastructure device.
- Create GitLab CI configuration to:
- Build a production container
- Integrate with GitLab’s built in such as Static Security Analysis, Dependency Scanning, Secrets Detection and Vulnerability detection.
- Run automated tests using a production container and report on code coverage and quality.
- Auto deploy to a production like test instance to then run functional test using selenium.
- Experience of using Configuration management tools such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Has designed and implemented cloud architect for systems using Terraform or similar.
- Hands on experience using CI/CD tools.
- Passion for DevOps
- Capable of cutting cloud bills by optimising resource and utilisation.
- Proficient with AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience working with DevOps practices. Python, Jenkins, Shell, Groovy.
- Proficient with Python scripting and knowledge
The team has a strong mindset and have produced boiler plates for their Technology stack chosen: Terraform, Ansible, Python, Django, React and Typescript. Benefits Package:
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home is available
- Discount on Apple, Dell and other suppliers
- Relocation Expenses
- Great Pension Scheme
- Travel to work loan and cycle schemes
- Rental Deposit Loan Scheme
- Accommodation Services
- Support for Training