A commodities trading firm in Paris is currently looking for a Quantitative Researcher to work within their gas division, building statistical/ mathematical models to optimise trading and overcome barriers to trade.
Surrounded by a team of 30 quants, covering gas, power and oil, you'll be contributing towards long term commodities trading and generating revenue with your models.
The successful candidate will need:
- A degree in financial mathematics, statistics (or similar)
- 5+ years of experience as a 'front office' quant in a bank or trading firm
- Strong C# or C++ programming skills
- A background in fixed income or commodities trading (FX or equities not the preferred option)
- Business fluent English and French
- To have worked closely with the 'business side' as well as the 'tech side' of the firm
This is a quantitative research position which leans more towards the statistical modelling side, rather than Data Science or Software Development. They have real expertise in the team within software and feel someone with proven financial mathematical modelling skills will really drive them to the next level.
Apply now if you're a quantitative researcher (quant) with good C# or C++ skills, who emanates from a commodities or fixed income trading background within a bank or trading firm.