A new opportunity has arisen for an RF ASIC Design Lead to join a successful and growing start up working in the area of satellite communication terminals for mobile and fixed applications.
In this role you will be a key player in the IC development team and will use your in-depth RF IC Design experience and understanding of communication systems to define and manage complex integrated RF Transceiver ASICs through all development phases.
You will be tasked with taking control of the complex design cycle through the verification & development flow, meeting key design deadlines, owning the architecture of the transmitter, working closely with designers and managing all interfaces & communication between RF IC & Tx ASIC.
Industry degree qualified the successful RF ASIC Design Lead will have established experience successfully designing RF IC and/or MMIC up to Ka-band. You will have a proven industry track record of taking complex ICs from design to production and managing complex ICs and taking it from concept to production.
Experience is required in leading a cross functional team in project execution with Phased array and Satellite Communication Experience is desired.
Experience in some or all of the following is required:
- Experience in executing System on Chip
- In-depth knowledge of trade-offs among a range of transceiver architectures inc. Zero-IF, low-IF and super-heterodyne
- Understanding of RF system design and trade-offs, design experience in transmitter chain and RFIC design
- Commercial knowledge of wideband PA linearization techniques & PA optimization for a modulation schemes
- Understanding of synthesisers, power management circuits & design experience of Analog IC
- Proficiency with RFIC and ASIC EDA tools such as Keysight ADS & EM simulators such as ADS Momentum / HFSS
- Understanding of advanced RFCMOS and RFSOI process
- Solid understanding and experience with device control protocol such as SPI, I2C and MIPI
- Key knowledge in basic IC layout skill and can work with custom IC layout design
- Test/debugging knowledge to devise test plan and testability & familiar with design verification of SoC.
- Behavioral modelling using Matlab/Simulink for analog/RF systems - desirable
You are ideally required to work on site in Reading but depending on circumstances there is an opportunity for some remote working for right person within the UK.
This is a chance to join a team with a culture of integrity and creativity, that recognises and rewards your contributions. An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer along with a respectful and collaborative environment that gives you the ability to challenge the status quo.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply.