A Leading Semiconductor company in the cellular market for 5G is looking for an RF/Analog IC Layout Engineer
for their design team in the UK in the development of transceivers and related IP for the cellular market in advanced process nodes.
In your position as RF/Analog IC Layout Engineer
you will work closely with the design team to overcome challenges like complex mask topologies, density constraints, geometry-dependent parametric effects and explore new process technologies and achieve optimum circuit performance. Your responsibilities will include the following:
The sucessful RF/Analog IC Layout Engineer has the following skills:
- Layout of analogue/RF and mixed-signal circuits, primarily using Cadence Virtuoso XL. This will cover all levels of hierarchy from small cells to system-level.
- Verification (DRC, LVS, ERC, ESD, Antenna...) and parameter extraction using Calibre, Assura and QRC
- Floor-planning and planning of supplies and critical nets
- Estimating layout size and resource requirements. Planning of layout tasks.
- Liaising with designers to ensure high quality layout within time and area requirements
- Assisting with Tape-Out
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalents, in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Good understanding of the principles of Analog IC Design and layout and underlying physical mechanisms
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in high-performance Analog or RF IC Layout using Cadence Virtuoso
- Good understanding of semiconductor processes, including FinFET and FDSOI technology
- Good understanding of the requirements of RF circuits and layouts
- Familiar with Cadence Virtuoso XL Layout and Composer XL Schematic
- Familiar with Calibre and/or Assura DRC, LVS and parameter extraction. Able to understand and debug rules in command files.
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- Familiar with a Design Data Management tool
This is a very good opportunity to join a market leading Semiconductor company and contribute to innovative development is the cellular market. To apply, please click APPLY NOW to speak to a member of our team.