Research Engineer (Big Data), Greater London
Job ID: 161717
Location: Greater London, England, UK
Salary: £40000 - £70000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
My client has developed a 'world first' distributed database, capable of handling extermely complex data, as well as a query language. They've won academic awards; raised in excess of £5M in funding; and have partnered with Google Cloud/AWS to deploy their database in the cloud.
They're currently looking for a Research Engineer with exceptional academics, to unearth the most impactful applications of their product and bring new engineering techniques to the developer community.
The successful candidate will need:
- A good degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar (from a top university)
- To be well versed in OOP programming languages
- A good understanding of distributed databases and cloud environments
- A background using big data technologies (eg. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka)
- To be comfortable presenting at conferences and travelling internationally
This is a stable start-up in North London, who have built solid foundations for growth. Their plan is to IPO in 5 years, so they're looking for someone who can add huge value in the interim and enjoy the rewards of vested stock options.