Scientific Software Engineer required to join a Medtech company in West London, who offer instrumentation for early and accurate detection of illnesses, through genomic analyses. Funded by a $50M+ grant from a US governing body, they're producing less cumbersome and more affordable systems which can be used by hospitals/labs to increase their throughput of samples, to provide better quality healthcare.
They're currently looking for a Scientific Software Engineer who can work on their core analysis platform, which produces very high volumes of real time data. The successful candidate will need:
- A degree is Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Physics, Mathematics, or similar
- A background developing software in Python, ideally with scientific packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas or Seaborn
- Skills in at least one of the following areas: real-time signal processing, NGS data analysis, optimisation, and machine learning (ML)
- Confidence working in a Linux environment
- The ability to oversee the full software lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, test and maintenance in an agile environment
This company are genuinely making a substantial societal impact. With offices in London and California, they're gaining a lot of traction on 'both sides of the pond' and offering the chance to be an integral part of developing technology that will ultimately save lives. The Scientific Software Engineer will be at the core of this.
Apply now if you're a Software Engineer who works in medical devices/ medical technology/ healthcare and has a high level of proficiency in scientific software packages.