A successful multinational Semiconductor company working on state-of-the-art automotive power seeks an Analog IC Design Engineer for their expanding design centre located in Edinburgh, Scotland.
In this position, you will work on motor control mixed-signal IC’s with responsibilities ranging from cell design to whole chip development. You will take a project from the preliminary data sheet stage through circuit architecture, design, simulation, supervising layout and on to bench evaluation and debugging.
- Leading design development from concept data sheet to production.
- Work with System Engineering/customers to define best topologies
- Lead the transistor level design phase
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Design Analog blocks such as amplifiers, comparators, bandgap circuits, power transistors, oscillators and ADCs
- Validate datasheet specifications via top-level simulations
- Work with layout engineers to ensure designs are efficiently laid out
- Bench evaluate silicon to debug the design
- Evaluate all qualification test results to highlight design shortcomings
You will be working alongside and liaising with other Design Engineering team members including Systems, Layout and Digital as well as off site design engineering teams.
The successful Analog IC Design Engineer will be industry degree qualified with 5+ years experience in Analog IC Design and with experience with Cadence Virtuoso design tools and ideally be familiar with automotive and/or motor control methods and BCD process technology.
Excellent communication skills are required along with a high level of commitment and self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a world-wide development team.
This presents an excellent opportunity to take your career further within an experienced team and forward thinking company.
Contact Leon at IC Resources to apply and find out more.