A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design Engineer to join a start up company working in the area of sensing technology development for autonomous vehicles for the changing automotive industry.
You will play a critical role in building the next generation of LiDAR systems for autonomous vehicles, UAVs, industrial automation and other applications. This position is a research and development focused role for an innovative and adaptable IC design engineer who is keen to get involved in all aspects of LiDAR sensor development in a start-up environment. They are looking for a candidate with deep expertise in SPAD design techniques, who is an effective team player with excellent communication skills, and who will thrive in owning design challenges in a dynamic, high-energy team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generate new pixel & system architectures for next generation dToF sensors
- Develop custom analog/mixed signal blocks for LiDAR sensors
- Define and simulate circuits, present and document results
- Custom layout analog/mixed-signal blocks and pixel/pixel arrays
- Define digital control block requirements
- Verify internal/external IP blocks
- Evaluate and characterise SPADs, pixel circuits and sensors
- Define production test plans for blocks
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years Analog/Mixed Signal IC design with experience in SPAD sensor design, ideally with industrial design experience.
Experience is also required in some or all of the following:
- Strong, in-depth understanding of the state of the art in SPAD technologies
- Solid understanding of design trade-offs for circuit performance e.g. noise, power, area, speed
- Experience in some of the following: TCAD, dToF pixel circuits, TCSPC systems
- Experience running top-level sensor simulations preferred
- Experience of bench testing, characterisation and debug of ToF image sensors
This role would suit an effective team player with excellent communication skills, who is eager to take ownership of design challenges and use their experience to contribute to the success of the new Research and Development (R&D) Centre.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply.