Job ID: 167363
Location: Paris, Île-de-France, France, Europe
Salary: €55,000 - €70,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Job Type: Permanent
This is an opportunity to join a company working on advanced technology for 4G and 5G wireless communications networks. In this Senior CAD Support role you will be based in the companies Paris design centre and will be working closely with RF IC Designers, verification and DFT teams with CAD tool infrastructure in the Paris and other European design centres and will be working on synchronising tools, methodology, flows as well as being involved in some IT related tasks such as installing Cadence software and licences and maintaining and improving new tools.
Responsibilities will include; IT support and HW definition to optimise the use and performance of EDA tools, design of the IT and network infrastructure to support multi-national design sites sharing common databases and tools, working with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best tools needed for design projects and providing local support. You will also be supporting the customisation of EDA tools, design flows, methodology and IT infrastructure. You will be tasked with providing technical expertise in state of the art ASIC design tools as well as providing Linux based IT support.
REQUIRED CAD SKILLS
- Programming in Python and Linux is (essential)
- Administering FlexLM license servers: license installation, options files
- Administration of Revision control systems (SVN, GIT, Cliosoft SOS)
- Administration and usage of job scheduling and management systems (Grid Engine)
- Installation and configuration of IP and memory compilers
- Good working knowledge of RTL to GDSII design flows (Cadence based)
- User environment configuration and testing
REQUIRED IT SKILLS
- Software installation
- Peripheral support
- Windows software debugging
- General Network knowledge inc IP addressing and switch operation
- RedHat Linux administration including the ability to script common tasks (Shell, Python, PERL, sed, TCL)
- Configuration and optimisation of NFS clients
Industry degree quailed the successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years relevant CAD Support experience with experience in Python and Linux being essential. Excellent communications skills in English are required and the ability to work well within a team. Strong sense of ownership and responsibility and the ability to thrive in a multicultural environment is essential along with a willingness to travel periodically between design centres within Europe. Working with a highly skilled team of engineers, this is an opportunity to further your career and knowledge whilst having the opportunity to show initiative and implement new ideas.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply and find out more.