A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior CAD Support Engineer to join a start up company working in the area of sensing technology development for autonomous vehicles.
In this position you will be the lead CAD Support Engineer and will be tasked with taking ownership of the CAD environment including foundry technology data and PDK installation & maintenance. The position also includes some custom IC layout and block integration as well as top-level layout floor-planning and IP integration.
Responsibilities will include:
- Definition of the design PDK database structure
- Working with EDA vendors on tool requirements & license usage
- PDK and technology file installation and maintenance
- Design data tapeout to foundry
- Documentation of design/DRC/LVS flows for tapeout
- Integration and control of external IP into design database
- Optimisation of EDA tools and design flows for more productive layout and verification
- User management and administration of the Linux system
- Ownership of top-level layout (floor-planning, cell hook-up, top-level LVS/DRC)
- Python/PERL scripting desirable
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years CAD Support experience within an Analog/Mixed Signal IC Design environment. Ability to work on block level layout is also important for this position.
Experience is required in some or all of the following:
- A solid understanding of the full design flow from schematic to tape-out (schematic, simulation, layout, physical verification, GDS2)
- Experience in PDK installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of EDA layout & verification tools (Cadence/Mentor Graphics, etc)
- Good working knowledge of Semiconductor device operation and layout effects on circuit performance
- Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuit Design understanding
- Strong knowledge of Linux
The role would suit someone who has strong analytic and communication skills and the ability to work well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment.
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply.