A market leader in the development of MEMS based silicon timing system solutions in the Netherlands is looking to hire a CAD Support Engineer to join and support their design team in building precision timing circuits for applications ranging from high-performance Networking and Communications Infrastructure to ultra-low power Mobile platforms including wearable devices. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful candidate including bonus and shares.
The Senior CAD Support Engineer will provide CAD Software support for Analog and Digital/Mixed-Signal designs, using Cadence & Mentor Graphics and third party vendor tools. Responsibilities will include user support for Behavioral, RTL and Analog Designs, Schematics, Analog Mixed-Signal Simulations, IC Physical Design layout, CAD tool customisation's, Linux Support, implementation and testing of new software tools and deploying new CAD tool flows. You will also interface with EDA Tool Vendors and have responsibility for the implementation and performance testing of new software releases prior to deploying to IC Designers across multiple engineering sites. Responsibilities include:
- Full support for Cadence & Mentor Graphics custom flows, tool development, installation and maintenance
- Supporting Virtuoso Layout and schematic & Mentor Simulation and Layout Verification software and release flows
- Supporting and maintaining version control systems like SOS, Git, SVN
- Supporting and maintaining Ansys Tools like Totem, Pathfinder
- Providing general CAD services support, utilities, scripts
- Tool configuration and applications
- Functional Evaluation, Performance Benchmarking and Deployment of New Tools
- Automation and Regression Flow Support
- CAD Software & Linux User Support for CMOS Design and Layout Engineers
- Prepare User Documentation for Design Engineers
- Interfacing with EDA Vendors’ Applications Teams
Industry degree qualified the successful CAD Support Engineer will have a minimum of 5 years experience supporting Analog and Digital IC Design in CMOS using industry EDA tools including the following; Cadence Virtuoso Schematic Editor and Layout Suite, Spectre, Spectre-RF, Multi-Mode Simulator, Physical Layout tools as well as Mentor Graphics Analog Fast-Spice, Questa, Parasitic CALIBRE PVS, XRC and version control tools such as SOS, GIT, SVN and Ansys Tools like Totem, Pathfinder.
Experience with programming languages are required e.g. DFII SKILL, PERL, MATLAB, Tcl/Tk, C / C++ . Proficient using Linux OS, utilities, and scripting is also required.
The successful CAD Support Engineer will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply