Job ID: 167572
Location: Newport, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Bristol, Wales, England, UK
Salary: £50-£70,000 + great work/life benefits & the chance to set something up from scratch
Job Type: Permanent
Senior Data Consultant required to join an 8 year old SME near Bristol, who are now launching disruptive power electronics products that have spent the past 7 years in development! They're using this new chapter in their story to develop a digital strategy that will optimise manufacturing processes of their products and also provide insightful data from the field, once the products are in situ on customer site.
The role will entail:
- Developing a digital strategy from scratch
- Building a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- Being 'hands on with' architecture design (eg. of an IoT platform)
- Making recommendations to the board on the technical environment
- Applying Machine Learning and statistical techniques to the data, in order to extract meaning
- Working with senior stakeholders to find business problems that need solving with data
The successful candidate will need:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning or similar
- 5+ years of experience 'in industry' (ideally in industry 4.0, industrial automation or similar)
- A thorough grasp of database design
- Experience working with IoT platforms
- A background in data visualisation and dashboard development
- Programming fluency in Python, R, SQL and/or C++
- Exposure to the application of Machine Learning algorithms to large data sets
This is a company with a lot of momentum and an international operation. There would be some travel required to their European manufacturing site (once a month) but otherwise it would be a flexible working structure from home, with periodic visibility in the office.
Apply now if you're a Data Scientist or Data Engineer with expertise in architecture design, machine learning and IoT platform, who wants a remote role for a power electronics SME. Experience in industry 4.0 or industrial automation would be a real bonus!