A lot of airlines are hurting at the moment, but some are taking advantage of the downturn to onboard great talent and build a better business for the post-covid world! The airline we've been mandated by are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to build projects around customer analytics, so they're fully equipped to make clear marketing decisions that will ultimately fill seats on flights.
This Data Scientist search isn't really bound by technical 'specifics', as they're undergoing a lot of digital transformation and have plans to overhaul the technical environment. The person they need is likely to have the following background:
- An advanced degree in a computational, numerical or engineering subject (mathematics, statistics, computer science, machine learning, data science, or similar)
- A background in Data Science (building models in Python or R) and working in a cloud environment
- Experience in the airline sector or something with a core marketing analytics focus (eg. e-commerce)
- A 'self-sufficient' attitude (a 'go-getter' with the appetite to proactively identify gaps that need addressing and develop a strategy to fill them)
- A track record mentoring and/or building a team of Junior Data Scientists/ Analysts
This company are taking a measured risk by investing heavily in their data team. Their burn rate is far lower than their competition, so they've afforded themselves the time to strengthen the business and prime it for a much quicker growth rate once 'business as usual' resumes.
If you're a Data Scientist looking for stability in a chaotic sector, then this company should be at the top of the list. They're data centric; amidst digital transformation; and the board are committed to continual investment in Data Science.
Apply today or contact Jeff Budd at IC Resources for more information.