Senior Digital Backend Engineer
Locations available in:
- Leuven - Belgium
- Enschede - Netherlands
- Duisburg - Germany.
Great new opportunity as Senior Digital Backend Engineer to work for a world leading services company, who offer expertise in semiconductor and software solutions. You could be working with a variety of key customers, including international blue chip companies, for design to turnkey ASIC services across the whole product lifecycle. Working on exciting projects in AI to IOT and embedded products, and in a wide range of industries such as industrial, medical and automotive - career growth is also at the centre of my client's priorities for their valued engineers.
As Senior Digital Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for logic synthesis, place and route (PNR / P&R) and the full flow of digital tasks for semi-custom design in ASICs and ASSPs for sub 40nm technology nodes. Key responsibilities
You will be working on key tasks involving:
- Setting up design frameworks for digital backend (physical design) tasks
- Runs Logic Synthesis on RTL code including creating design timing constraints (SDC) and optimisation techniques
- Outlines the floor plan of the digital part of the ASIC.
- Runs Place and Route on synthesised netlists applying optimisation techniques for APP (area, power and performance)
- Adds scan based testability structures applying optimisation techniques (eg scan-reordering)
- Responsible for the quality of the layout
- Synthesis (clock, CPF / UPF)
- Set-up for design & layout
- PNR/P&R, floorplanning, sign-off
- STA, IR Drop, LVS/DRC/ERC)
- DFT (scan, ATPG)
- Working closely interacts with analog design, layout engineers and digital front-end engineers
Applicants must be eligible / have a visa to work in Europe. For more information, please contact Rob Hudson @ IC Resources for a discussion.
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years' experience in digital backend design is required - or similar field