Senior Embedded / Hardware Engineer required in Gloucester, Salary to £60k!. Well established design consultancy has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineer with a strong mix of Embedded Software and Hardware design skills. Suitable candidates will ideally have strong academics with a back ground in Physics. Applicants should have 10 yrs experience developing electronics from concept to mass production and writing low level embedded C.
- Designing electronics for low-power battery operated environments.
- Designing switch mode power supplies.
- Designing electronics to control transducers such as AC/DC motors and resistive Heating elements.
- Designing electronics to measure transducers such as thermistors and Hall effect sensors.
- Designing electronics and writing firmware for serial interfaces including: I2C, SPI, USB and UARTs (RS232, RS485).
- IoT interface and firmware development including: WiFi, Ethernet and Bluetooth.
- Control system firmware development including PID control loops and filtering.
- Experience of EMC testing and approvals process.
We would like to see applicants who have perhaps worked for a design consultancy or who can demonstrate experience across a a variety of sectors such as consumer, security or industrial markets.
Any industry knowledge related to heating products or environmental systems is beneficial as is IoT related systems such as LoRa, Sigfox, GSM, and GPS.
Please get in touch for more details or send your CV to Emma Windows.