Experienced Embedded C/C++/ Linux Engineer with video expertise now needed for established Bristol company. You will be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, and undertake design, development and maintenance of software for video inspection products.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge in C++/C, Linux and bare machine microcontroller-based software and a background in video technologies and associated protocols. You should have a good appreciation for the interfacing hardware ideally with knowledge of I2C, SPI, RS232, etc.
Expertise in the following areas would be advantageous BUT is not essential:
- QT for application development (ideally on an embedded platform)
- Linux kernel configuration, and driver development
- Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Network interfaces – Ethernet, WiFi – and associated protocols
- Video standards, compression formats and streaming protocols
- GStreamer pipelines
- dbus experience
- Freescale/NXP iMX6 SoC (ARM-based)
- MSP430, PIC microcontrollers
- Interpretation of electronic circuit diagrams.
Friendly established team of Engineers offering flexible working and scope for progression.