Embedded Linux Engineer now needed for established Bristol company. The successful Embedded Linux Engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary engineering team, and undertake design, development and maintenance of software for video inspection products.
The ideal Embedded Linux Engineer will have strong knowledge in C++/C, Linux and bare machine microcontroller-based software and a background in video technologies and associated protocols. You should have a good appreciation for the interfacing hardware ideally with knowledge of I2C, SPI, RS232, etc. Any video expertise would be ideal.
Expertise in the following areas would be advantageous BUT is not essential:
- QT for application development (ideally on an embedded platform)
- Linux kernel configuration, and driver development
- Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Network interfaces – Ethernet, WiFi – and associated protocols
- Video standards, compression formats and streaming protocols
- GStreamer pipelines
- dbus experience
- Freescale/NXP iMX6 SoC (ARM-based)
- MSP430, PIC microcontrollers
- Interpretation of electronic circuit diagrams.
Friendly established team of Engineers offering flexible working and long term scope for progression.
Please send your CV to Emma Windows at IC Resources.