I'm working with a global provider of Audio DSP Software solutions for the Consumer Electronics, IoT, Automotive and Semiconductor industries looking to hire a Senior Firmware Engineer on the West Coast. Responsibilities
- Developing board support packages for audio products in various HW platforms
- Work with customers to setup and debug drivers with our BSP code base.
- Improving the current audio software modules enabling easier integration and debugging of customer problems.
- Testing customer products and verifying that they meet expected performance criteria.
- Designing and conducting internal hardware/software tests to ensure the quality of the device before customer delivery.
- Working directly with lead customers on initial technology integration.
- Documenting software, solutions, and building upon our internal knowledge base.
Beyond these responsibilities you will have the latitude to grow professionally and apply yourself in many domains. As the team and business grows, so will the responsibilities of this candidate. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in embedded firmware development for Audio applications.
- Firmware development experience on Qualcomm Hexagon processor.
- Android/Linux experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with ARM embedded or application CPUs from NXP, ST or others including use of GCC, Keil, and IAR toolchains a plus.
- Bare metal BSP experience – developing boot loader, file system, and device drivers,
- Familiar with PDM/PCM audio interfaces, USB, serial communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART).
- Familiar with debugging tools – SWD/JTAG, logic analysers, oscilloscopes, serial bus analyzers.
- Experience with reading schematics and new hardware board bring-up.
- Familiar with C/C++ programming for embedded applications.
- Ability to thoroughly communicate issues, benefits, priorities, tradeoffs, and recommended solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing theory
- Familiarity with audio editing tools such as Audacity or Audition.
- MATLAB and Python is a plus.
- Experience with Git and Jenkins.
For more information please contact Anna Chronopoulou at IC Resources.