This is a truly unique opportunity for a skilled and results driven Physical Design Engineer to join my client; a well-funded, privately owned company with a silicon design team focused on developing world-class trading platforms. Finance experience is not essential as you will be given the opportunity to learn everything you need.
Located in the busy city of Bristol you will join a small and talented team and be responsible for the entire process from architecture and specification, through to design, test and bringing up of a final product on a board in production. They have achieved excellent results to date by hiring the best. They have seen proven success in a shorter time scale than is typical at larger tech firms. So, a truly exciting and innovative business to be a part of.
I am looking for an experienced physical design engineer with direct experience of multiple tape-outs of large and complex ASIC/SoC designs in low geometry process nodes. Work experience should cover all aspects of the physical design implementation and sign off processes. You should have very strong software development skills with an appreciation of how crucial design automation is in providing a scalable and rigorous approach to the implementation and sign off of complex physical design projects to demanding schedules.
The Physical Design Engineer will work within a small multi-disciplinary hardware design team to perform the physical design of leading-edge ASIC/SoC developments and contribute to the continued development of the physical design productivity tooling and workflows. Part of this role requires you to stay informed of the latest developments in semiconductor physical design and fabrication and be able to provide mentorship to less experienced members of the team. As the successful candidate you will continue to build your skills in physical design and the automation of physical design processes and interpret high level requirements to create exceptional solutions for the trading community. Skills you’ll need:
- Experience in the following:
- Direct involvement in multiple tape-outs at advanced process nodes - 16nm and below.
- High speed interface physical implementation and sign off – including DDR3/4 and/or HMB1/2.
- High speed (multi-GHz) physical design implementation and signoff.
- Experience of advanced clocking techniques for high speed designs.
- Physical design flow development and automation - intra and inter EDA tool levels.
- The use of leading-edge industry standard physical design implementation and sign off techniques and EDA tools.
- Strong software development skills – TCL, Python, C/C++.
- A strong understanding of STA and advanced timing signoff models/concepts.
- A sound knowledge of formal verification processes and techniques.
- RTL development skills – SystemVerilog, Verilog.
- An understanding of modern DFT practices.
- Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or computer science or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years of physical design experience.
For more information and a detailed discussion please contact Rachel Mason @ IC Resources.