The RF Design Engineer is a key team position at Spirit Semiconductor. The role requires close teamwork with the rest of the Spirit design team to design and develop state of the art Amplifier products for 5G basestation RF applications using MMIC technologies such as GaAs HBT, GaAs pHEMT and GAN from multiple foundries. You will contribute to the product development process from product definition through to market release, gaining experience in MMIC design, package module design, design for manufacturing, qualification, characterisation and customer design-in support. Mentoring and support will be provided by senior members of the team and you will experience a fast-paced collaborative environment which will draw on your intelligence, teamwork and willingness to get the job done. This position reports to the MMIC Team Lead and is located at the Leeds Office (TBD). Occasional travel may be required.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Design from initial specification the full chain line up and PA architecture, including Doherty topologies.
- Contribute to the design and development of new microwave multi-chip modules/packages for 5G amplifier applications.
- Working as a design team member for GaN and GaAs MMIC development projects. You will be assigned key circuit blocks for more complex ICs/modules or full responsibility for smaller projects, under the mentorship of a senior member of staff.
- Documenting your designs from initial specification through to production. Including verifying through simulation and measurement that your design will meet performance specifications in mass production.
- Participating in other product development activity such as evaluation, test development and qualification.
- Identification and extraction of IP from design activity that is suitable for patenting.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters or PhD preferred.
- 5+ years of experience years of experience working in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience designing RF amplifier circuits using GaAs or GaN MMIC HBT, HEMT or MESFET technology.
The following traits and skills are highly valued:
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate maturity, integrity, high energy, and team spirit.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understand principles of all semiconductor technologies and their specific relationship to RFIC products.
- Good documentation skills.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including
- 25 days’ annual leave + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Performance Bonus Scheme
- Private Family Medical Cover
- Private Dental Cover
- Equity Scheme
- Flexible working
Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)118 988 1150 for more information.