Job ID: 176976
Location: Surrey, Oxfordshire, London (Greater), Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, England, UK
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent
A fabless semiconductor company based in the UK is currently seeking an experienced Senior RF IC Design Engineer to work on a range of technical domains including Antenna, RF, Signal Processing.
There is an option to be based remotely from within the UK or from Europe, which provides a unique opportunity for the right person.
As a Senior RF IC Design Engineer you will have a number of core competencies that include;
- Generating new Power Amplifier topologies and architectures to achieve challenging system requirements
- Optimise given specifications and design of on-chip blocks such as Power amplifiers, RF switches, attenuators, biasing circuits
- Create floorplanning of entire layout
- Evaluate the chip in the lab either in hand- or automated measurements
- Discuss block and system performance with System Engineers
- Prepare and participate in design, spec and layout reviews
The Senior RF IC Engineer will have 10+ years experience with specific experience in the design of Power Amplifiers and will have experience in SiGe BiCMOS but engineers with experience in CMOS Bipolar and SOI is also of interest. You will be comfortable working with a small team, happy to work remotely and be familiar with design tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso and Calibre. Experience is also required in bias circuits and opamps.
You will have an understanding of limitations and solutions of practical RF circuits and packages; e.g, coupling effects, isolation requirements, track and substrate loses, antenna feed calibration, signal loss at interfaces. Experience of using RLC extraction and mutual coupling using Cadence EMX is also of interest. Experience in Ku/Ka frequency bands for satellite applications including phase Array antennas (PAA) is desired.
If you would like further information about this vacancy or have interest in applying, please contact Leon Morrison.