Based in Toronto, this world-class power electronics company seeks a Senior SMPS (switch mode power supply) Design Engineer to join a team of well-reputed Power Supply Design Engineers and Power Electronics Engineer
The client specialises in DC-DC and AC-DC power supplies, DAC converters and magnetics, with a foothold in the automotive and industrial markets. They rank amongst the world’s top suppliers of Power Electronic products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and Development of Low Power DC-DC power converters.
- Provide technical support to the production facility in the far east.
- Provide technical support to customers as necessary for existing/new products.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinate Technicians as necessary.
- Ensure that documentation to be used for production, including that generated by subordinate Technicians, is in the standard format and is approved before issue.
- Maintain project plans and report on the progress of project work as requested by the section Manager.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated in Electronics or related discipline, will be well versed and familiar with SMPS technologies, DC-DC, AC-DC, power conversion and have a keen eye for detail.
The right candidate will have knowledge of modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC-DC converters of up to 1kw for global applications and have an interest in power converter design, analogue/digital design, thermal, safety, EMC, magnetics and packaging.
On offer is an excellent career prospect with generous benefits that include Pension, critical illness insurance, life insurance, bonus scheme, 23 days holiday rising to 26 thereafter, long service-aware, Employee Appreciation Day and more.
If you meet the above criterion, please send your updated CV.