The Sales Team requires a talented seller to join our Account Management team to cover a Book of Accounts, focused on the Aerospace & Defense market. As a Sales Account Manager, you will be responsible for accelerating revenue within a defined set of accounts. Applying both strong technical and business acumen skills, you will need to work collaboratively with the sales & support teams and our customers to understand and help uncover needs in areas where we can help impact customer business issues and create value. By owning, managing, and developing customer accounts as well as working closely with the wider Sales organization the core focus of an Account Manager is to find, manage and win opportunities to accelerate the growth of the account's revenue and achieve quota. What you will be doing
- Achieve/Exceed Sales quota for the Book of Accounts:
Drive towards achieving and exceeding quarterly sales quotas by creating, managing, and winning sales opportunities as well as working jointly with appropriate members of the sales team, to ensure greater account sales coverage. Maintain a healthy opportunity pipeline to ensure mid- and long-term success.
- Maintain high customer contact activity:
Maximize time spent working with new and existing customers. Book, prepare and deliver remote visits and demonstrations. Using the Demand Generations skills, explore new business potential inside customer accounts, find referrals and expand contact base.
- Set Account Strategies
Own the design and execution of Account Plans, leveraging guidance from the business. Consistently update and apply customer feedback and due diligence to adapt the plans. Collaborate with internal resources and customers to execute on the activities tied to the Account Objectives.
- Be an active member of the Sales team:
Participate actively in Sales meetings and events. Have a motivational attitude with colleagues and express individual thoughts openly and objectively. Provide quality feedback on Company issues.
- Provide regular updates:
Continuously use Salesforce.com to ensure that visits, opportunities, and accounts are up to date to enable accurate forecasting and internal collaboration. Regularly communicate with key stakeholders to enable collaborative selling.
- Sell all the product range
Develop required skills to sell the complete product range. Identify areas of training required. Provide feedback about competition. Identify new products required by our customers and provide feedback.
- Align with Business Unit Strategy
Work closely with BDM’s, Offering Managers, and Solution Marketers within the relevant Business Unit to ensure creation and execution of joint account objectives. Identify opportunities to utilize both our standard products and services as well as our developing offerings within existing and break through accounts. Be a mentor to other more junior sellers to help expose them to capability being driven through the relevant BU.
- Hold an Engineering / Science degree or equivalent experience
- Profound sales experience (3+ years) in the Aerospace & Defense market, with proven sales successes
- Business planning / forecasting skills
- Very good interpersonal skills in building customer relationships as well as high social competence within internal matrix organization - the ability to build sustainable relationships at C-level with the customer
- Creative, bright and enthusiastic personality
- Independent, goal-oriented way of working
- Active listening
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- People and networking skills
- Exhibit a proactive can-do attitude
- Negotiation, technical savviness
- Building trusting relationships
- Guide sales opportunities
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Driving for results
- Continuous learning