My client is looking for a senior software engineer. The location is in Shanghai. They offer an amazing culture and comprehensive suite of health and wellness benefits so that employees can focus on helping customers reach our vision for them: the Effective Enterprise.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work within a development team to help build new software and build enhancements to existing company software products. As a development team member you will analyze, design, develops, test, troubleshoot and debug software applications. You will work in a fully functional team and work closely during the whole development lifecycle using the agile software development practices and continuous improvement. Work closely with stakeholders to ensure the sound development and implementation of company’s software solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze, develop, enhance and maintain company's Enterprise applications. Includes creation of test plans, design specification, development and unit testing of source code, schema design, prototyping and documentation.
- Perform analysis to define requirements for new features or modifications including affected programs, expected behavior, related document changes and test scenarios.
- Perform maintenance and enhancement of new and/or existing software systems or product modules, on company supported platforms, such as UNIX, Windows, and NT.
- Prepare program documentation of product components.
- Establish technical proficiency in design, implementation, and unit testing.
- Strive to increase application knowledge.
- Follow company development standards.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Functions as member of project team.
What you’ll need:
- Familiar with at least one kind of RDBMS. SQL is preferred.
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming in a statically typed language, such as Java, C#, or C++.
- Experienced with web development skills, such as Spring, JS/TypeScript, Angular framework, Node.js, Chrome debug tools, etc
- Familiar with Linux or Unix system
- Good technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation. Good analytical and design skills.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of web-based application development/design
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Experience working on an Agile/SCRUM team
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English & Chinese are essential, due to the remote team structure.
- Progress software experience is a plus.
- ERP experience is a plus.