Senior System Engineer, Global Client and Location!
The company is a multinational which specialise in EDA, Software and Engineering Services. My client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to be based in the new office in Cork.
Your initial responsibility will be working with the project team as IT on the ground as part of the fit out of the new office. Following completion of the startup phase, you the Senior Systems Engineer will be supporting all staff on site in the Cork office. The Cork office will encompass highly technical research and development teams. The team onsite will work primarily out of remote datacenters hosting my clients hardware or on the cloud with multiple vendors. The roles and responsibilities are highly diverse, this will include supporting our internal service desk with escalated issues, onsite day to day issues pertaining to all aspects of IT onsite while also supporting the remote work environments our teams will be developing. Being part of a global IT team you will be working on global projects, working with teams to support our datacenters, our infrastructure and our user base directly.
A major part of the role is that you are comfortable working in a single capacity who also enjoys working on highly technical support issues. Key Skills/ Competencies:
- Providing local support for all aspects of IT at the new Cork site.
- IT on the ground driving the setup of the new Cork location.
- Ability to work on WindowsLinux installations, maintenance, service and break-fix issues.
- Would be required to work remotely to use Unix/Linux administration skills to resolve issues at other global offices.
- Member of the EMEA Datacentre and farm support team. You will understand and work within a compute environment comprising of LDAP/NIS authentication, NetApp (but not only) storage, virtualized servers/desktops, compute farms, monitoring, LSF, licensing, firewalls, etc.
- Working with farm support team to identify and rectify issues in our server farms: monitoring, licenses, storage and LSF
- Acting as an escalation point to our service desk that relate to local issues to site.
- Support local R&D teams including global team providing cloud solutions to our customers.
- Experience managing windows & Linux systems in global environment
- Experience with cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with configuration management tools and application orchestration using Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with all aspects of server hardware.
- Deep OS and configuration troubleshooting.
- A team player who will be a main channel in IT/R&D communication for the Cork site.
- Datacentre support experience – FARM technology including DRM (LSF), storage,virtualisation.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot networking problems.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with hyper converged solutions specifically Nutanix.
- Network knowledge
- Background with one or more scripting/automation languages
- Excellent communication skills which will be required to engage with senior IT staff across the globe.
or please get in contact for more information on the role.