My client is a US derived semiconductor manufacturing company, with the heart of their European business situated in Dresden. They have global sites in the US, Europe and China, all of which run autonomously under the direction of a Site Director (General Manager).
This Site Director (General Manager) position has arisen as a result of succession planning - replacing an upcoming retiree who's been managing the 85 head operation. They need someone in place within the next 3-6 months to ensure a sufficient handover takes place.
The successful candidate will have:
- A scientific (physics, chemistry) or engineering (electronics, mechanical) degree
- An established career in semiconductor manufacturing and/or operations
- Experience working in a wafer fab or other semiconductor production environment
- A track record overseeing P&L for a business or business unit
- A cross functional skillset that lends itself to overseeing capacity planning, distribution, strategic direction, manufacturing operations etc
- An inspiring leadership style
This organisation have been established for 50 years but have a lot of potential for growth in Europe. This Site Director (General Manager) will evaluate that potential, then devise and execute a strategy encompassing sales, manufacturing, engineering, quality, facilities and operations. This would ideally suit a commercially savvy leader with a technical background, who understands semiconductor fabrication and has the 'hunger' to grow a high potential site.