Snr Technical Cost Estimator
Become part of a world class supplier to the automotive industry. If you are an experienced Cost Estimator / Engineer looking for a role within a global first-class organisation please read on. Job Purpose:
Generate detail cost breakdowns for process, tooling and logistic from RFQ`s with international operating customers. Support the customer base for sales and technical enquires. Maintain and increase turnover. Role requirements:
You must have experience in:
- Analyse enquiries received and establish the suitability of the enquiry.
- Generate quotations analysis (QAF’s) for customers in response to RFQs received.
- Ensure that all data to be supplied to customer is accurate and is presented in a professional and timely manner.
- Generate costing details for process, tooling and logistic content of received RFQ´s
- Lead enquiries and manage deadlines of RFQ`s to ensure that the customer’s requests are handled.
- Create project documentation in agreed format to show capacity requirements and contribution data applicable to customer RFQ/quotation.
- Ensure all orders are processed through a contract review that includes price validity, payments terms and economic batch quantities.
- Support weekly APQP meeting to ensure the smooth introduction of project parts into the manufacturing plants.
- Establish and develop relationships with key customer costing engineers to ensure that all requests are received and potential cost benefits from process and tooling are agreed and are handled in a professional manner
- PowerPoint and CAD, with advanced skills on excel.
- You will need to be familiar with the costing practice of the Automotive Industry and its Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.
- You should be able to discuss and convince the customers costing expert of your knowledge.
- You will based in the UK and be required to spend a period of 3-6 months in Germany with travels to the European continent.
- You will need to have experience as a cost estimator team leader with a background in pressings and process.
- University degree or equivalent level of education.
Excellent salary and the chance to travel the globe. APPLY NOW OR CONTACT NIALL FEARON FROM IC RESOURCES FOR DETAILS.