Technical Sales/Applications Engineers will be responsible for engaging with new and existing customers to develop sales opportunities across Fibre Optic Communications and Optical Sensing sectors.
This is a global role that involves working with customers to uncover and understand their requirements, and to collaborate with the commercial, technical, operations, and production teams to create proposals, quotations, and detailed work packages/contracts that deliver successful project sales outcomes and overall business growth.
- Respond to customer enquiries, investigating the technical and commercial requirements for product and project sales opportunities,
- Attend tradeshows, events, and customer meetings to generate and evolve new sales leads. Continuously scan for and reach out to new business opportunities,
- Follow the sales process from enquiry through to purchase order, ensuring compliance with both the Company and customer timescales,
- Perform structured technical and commercial analysis of opportunities to determine the feasibility of technology development projects, ensuring the needs of the customer are balanced with the capabilities of the business,
- Compile internal proposals for management review, collaborating across the business and communicating effectively between customers and colleagues,
- Create statements of work and other contractual documents detailing the agreed technical and commercial aspects of projects for the customer,
- Assemble detailed quotations that link technical procedures to invoicing milestones, working with finance and commercial teams to consider cost and profit implications.
- Negotiate and close sales, working with management teams to provide unsurpassed customer service and win-win outcomes,
- Nurture existing customers, providing technical support where required and generally bridging the gap between the customer, commercial team, and technical team.
Skills and Experience –
- Delivering order book to enable quarterly and annual budgets to be met,
- Manage sales opportunities from enquiry to fulfilment,
- Work closely with customer technical teams utilising technical expertise to support them,
- Work closely with engineering, operations, and production teams to ensure that the technical requirements of customers are understood and met in full,
- Responsible for authoring technical analysis and proposal content, for both internal and external consideration, maintaining extremely high levels of quality and detail,
- Creation of quotes and work packages in conjunction with all stakeholders,
- Support annual budgeting process, providing accurate forecasts from customers,
- Prepare and give technical presentations to customers and conference events,
- Represent the Company at domestic and international conference and trade show events,
- Meet regularly with existing and potential customers (domestic and international),
- Frequent reporting at Director level, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information is available weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually.
- Utilise Salesforce CRM to manage and record all processes and interactions.
Personal Fit :
- Proven track record in a technical sales, engineering, or business development role,
- Must have a working knowledge of compound semiconductor materials and their applications,
- 3-5 years of commercial experience in a customer facing technical role,
- Degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline with a knowledge of semiconductor materials, technology or device processing,
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills as this role will require frequent face-to-face engagement with customers and internal stakeholders,
- Confident working within different geographical territories and workplace cultures,
- Strong numeric, process reasoning and planning skills,
- Strong commercial awareness with ability to build and sustain customer relationships,
- Effective collaborator, capable of building relationships across business functions,
- Ability to travel internationally.
Reporting to – Sales Director
- Result orientated with sense of urgency whilst quality conscious.
- Be willing to uphold company standards, act as a role model and take ownership.
- A highly proactive and organised individual, able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise from day to day and hour to hour in a fast-paced communications role,
- Someone who loves working with people,
- A team player with energy and drive to accomplish targets and objectives,
- Comfortable in a business with an advanced start-up culture.
For more information please contact Shaun Gannon at IC Resources.