Job ID: 160280-2
Salary: Competitive base salary + stock options
Job Type: Permanent
My client is a publically listed AI scale-up, who are making healthcare better! They're extracting meaning from clinical data (using Machine Learning/ Deep Learning techniques), which is accuratley informing the development of products to self-manage chronic conditions easily.
The Machine Learning research team needs to grow quickly in order to sustain the momentum they've built, which is why they need a VP of Engineering to coordinate the activities of all R&D sub-teams.
This post will ideally suit someone with the following background:
- A MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, or similar
- Exposure to Deep Learning libraries with Tensorflow, Pytorch or similar
- Experience dealing with clinical data (preferred)
- The ability to support, motivate and grow a team of researchers/ engineers/ scientists
- A proven track record in a 'product' company (software, analytics, biotechnology etc)
The business has a unique structure! They're a successful Plc with public sector links and university ties, who are very 'research focused'. This has resulted in a very diverse team, fusing the best from academia, medicine, technology and business.
Cultural fit is the key criterion for their hiring, so everyone is always happy, invested, and striving for the same goal!