Our client, a growing technology scale-up in Edinburgh is looking for a VP of Software. This position can be based remotely in the UK, but regular travel to the company HQ will be required. You should have experience of managing teams of c10-15 engineers and also proven experience of working in an embedded software/ electronics environment. In addition, you should have experience of working with data on the edge/cloud.
The company is well-funded and the current management team have successfully grown and sold previous businesses. In addition to managing and growing the team you will take responsibility for establishing software development processes and requirements. This will be to ensure the delivery of product level software in regulated and industrial environments.
Interested candidates should have the following skills and experience;
- Several years proven experience of managing high performance software teams
- A good appreciation of the software stack from low-level device drivers/firmware to developing desktop applications (window and/or Linux)
- Knowledge of web frame works and appreciation of UI development
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Experience of working with data storage and analysis in the cloud
- Prior SME/start-up/scale-up experience would be advantageous.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a growing well-funded start-up with a proven management team who have successfully sold & exited previous businesses.