The Wireless Systems Architect (Contract or Permanent role) will be joining an exciting small company in Cambridge with products already in the market. The Wireless Systems Architect will be the key technical insight into the modem development of a brand new product being sought by their current customers.
The Wireless System Architect will be responsible for specifying, documenting and writing requirements for the modem; and engaging a supply chain and team to deliver the product through development to manufacture.
The role covers a wide range of areas including (but not limited to!) microwave radio integration, 5G and 802.11xx, beamforming, inter-sector interference mitigation, networking and integration with a network management system.
This is a role that requires a strong technical background as a lot of the definition will have to be done within the role.
The successful Wireless Systems Architect will have this knowledge:
- A background and demonstrable experience in complex distributed, embedded systems
- System requirements capture, documentation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of 3GPP protocol stacks at layers 1, 2 & 3, especially 3G, 4G or 5G
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11ax, 11ad or 11ac
- DSP, AIOP, FPGA or ASIC modem development
- Experience working with external 3rd parties, potentially in a variety of roles, such as supplier management, technical leads, etc.
Additional priority will be given to Wireless Systems Architects who also have knowledge in:
- Networking (layer 2 / 3), such as VLAN, Slicing, colouring, etc.
- Microwave radio
- RF integration
- Project management skills and attention to detail
For more information, please apply today or contact Chris Moffatt