My client is a 4 year old AI software start-up who have raised £10M over 3 rounds. They're producing software designed to provide manufacturing businesses with data-driven insights that will streamline their production, energy consumption, workflows, integration, cloud deployment etc. In essence they look for industrial business problems and use AI/IOT technology to solve them!
They're currently looking for an AI Engineer with a keen interest in industry 4.0, who can undertake the following:
- Meet customers to gather requirements and convert these in to action plans
- Create pipelines to build data sets and databases
- Create models and testing processes
- Analyse data and ensure it's 'actionable'
- Help to create and deliver an overall solution to the client
This is a multi-disciplined role which involves facets of data science, data engineering and software development. The successful candidate will need:
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics or similar
- A good level of experience with scientific Python or Scala
- A thorough understanding of SQL databases
- A solid track record in data mining and machine learning
- Experience working with frameworks like Spark, Tensorflow, Hadoop, Kafka etc
This role will suit someone who understands the nuances of working within a start-up environment: carrying out data science/ data engineering/ software development tasks; representing the company in front of customers; working independently in a small team; finding solutions in a time and cost-effective manner; contributing above and beyond your job title to complete projects.