Field Applications Engineer (FAE) - Android
Salary: £ Flexible - depending on level of experience
Fantastic opportunity for a proven Field Applications Engineer (FAE) for this global wireless leader.
You will be responsible for providing first-class pre and post-sales technical support for an exciting wireless mobile product line. Your mission will be to become a key and respected technical advisor to carrier and handset OEM organizations operating in the wireless mobile industry.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Proven knowledge of Android Multimedia Integration and app development (preferably on mobile devices) including the Android Camera HAL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand and empathize with customer needs/issues
- Proven experience in embedded SW development, preferably Linux
- Some experience of customer support
- Ability to understand customer technical queries and issues, and provide an initial analysis and suitable recommendations to ensure timely resolution
- Proven experience working with a global customer base
- Proven ability to work well independently
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as required (minimum 25% travel)
- Hands-on experience of Camera ISP Tuning
- Experience of debugging Android Multimedia issues
- Experience of working with IMS implementations (e.g. VoLTE, ViLTE, VoWifi)
- Familiarity with specific test and calibration equipment and lab/factory set-up
They are currently operating on a Linux platform and are moving towards Android, so they are looking for Android expertise to assist with this move forward.
If you are interested, contact me for further information!
Keywords: FAE, Field Application Engineer, Android, Linux, wireless, app, camera, mobile, handset
You can search for a new job here.