This is a role in Spirit Semiconductor’s growing Filter Design team and will require close cooperation with engineering and marketing teams to ensure alignment of RF Filter design activity with the business needs. As well as supporting the driving of design activity the role is also responsible for considering all aspects of product development such as manufacturing and packaging technology selection, tool sets, close liaison with systems, verification and product engineering functions. This position reports to the Filter Design Lead and is located at our new Leeds design centre. It is expected that the successful candidate will play key role within the new design centre. Occasional international and domestic travel will be required.
Roles and responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- The design of BAW Filters for both Handsets and Base stations
- Continuous development of BAW devices to contribute towards full module development
- EM Modelling and RF Simulation
- Supporting other product development activity such as test development and qualification.
- Assisting in the development of technology roadmaps including manufacturing and packaging.
- Working with external contract design when necessary to define and review tasks.
Minimum education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of experience years of experience working in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience designing RF filters in a variety of commercially applicable technologies, preferably SAW/BAW
- Proven commercial experience through high volume manufacture of designs.
The following traits and skills are highly valued:
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate maturity, integrity, high energy, and team spirit.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Understand principles of all filter and semiconductor technologies and their specific relationship to RF communications systems.
- Good documentation skills.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)118 988 1150 for more information.