4 month contract
£22 - £25 p/h
IC Resources are working with a well known automotive business based in the Midlands to find a CAE Analyst for a period of 4 months. Responsibilities of the role will include:
· 3D CFD simulations of powertrain systems (E.g. fresh air or exhaust flow, urea spray and hydrolisation). This covers everything before the compressor in the intake and after the turbocharger in the exhaust.
· Integrate simulations of aftertreatment and emissions, which analyse thermo-chemical reactions in the exhaust, into CFD work.
· Monitoring future powertrain technologies and developments in academia and the industry: particularly on air intake, emissions, and aftertreatment systems including AdBlue (urea)
· Project managing CAE research and development activities. Report to senior management at required intervals.
The successful applicant will have:
· 5+ years of StarCCM+ 3D
· Ability to optimise aftertreatment systems over legislative drive-cycles.
· Working knowledge in exhaust and aftertreatment systems: Urea system and SCR catalysts, gasoline or diesel particulate filters.
· Expert knowledge on analysis of air-intake and exhaust flow and temperature.
· Minimum an MSc in automotive, mechanical, or aerospace. Also preferably PhD in automotive, mechanical, or aerospace
· Working knowledge of chemistry of exhaust emissions.
· Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience on internal combustion engines outside of combustion chamber: E.g. Urea spray simulations, combutational aero acoustics (CAA), heat transfer, flow uniformity in catalysts and filters (DPF or GPF), fresh air fliters, turbocharger inlet and outlet.
· Experience of automotive emissions technologies with good understanding of the chemistry of emissions: E.g. SCR, DPF, GPF, DOC, LNT, SCRF
· Good working knowledge of exhaust acoustics (E.g. mufflers)
· High level programming skills using Matlab and Simulink Knowledge of powertrain emissions control systems
· Knowledge of automotive turbochargers
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.Print Save To Shortlist