4 month contract
£20 - £23 p/h
IC Resources are working with a hugely successful automotive business to find a CAE Analyst for a period of 4 months. This role is with the CAE Systems Research team who are responsible for CAE analysis for all research projects as well as exhaust and intake systems. The team looks after the airpath of internal combustion engines except the combustion chamber, valves, turbocharger, and the manifolds. The role will be responsible for:
· 3D CFD simulations of powertrain systems (E.g. fresh air or exhaust flow, urea spray and hydrolisation). This covers everything before the compressor in the intake and after the turbocharger in the exhaust.
· Integrating simulations of aftertreatment and emissions, which analyse thermo-chemical reactions in the exhaust, into CFD work.
· Monitoring future powertrain technologies and developments in academia and the industry: particularly on air intake, emissions, and aftertreatment systems including AdBlue (urea)
· Project managing CAE research and development activities.
· Reporting to senior management at required intervals.
The successful applicant will have:
· 5+ years of StarCCM+ 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience on engines but outside of combustion chamber. Can optimise aftertreatment systems over legislative drive-cycles.
· Working knowledge in exhaust and aftertreatment systems: Urea system and SCR catalysts, gasoline or diesel particulate filters.
· Expert on analysis of air-intake and exhaust flow and temperature.
· Minimum an MSc in automotive, mechanical, or aerospace
· 5+ years of StarCCM+ 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience on internal combustion engines outside of combustion chamber: E.g. Urea spray simulations, computational aero acoustics (CAA), heat transfer, flow uniformity in catalysts and filters (DPF or GPF), fresh air filters, turbocharger inlet and outlet.
· Experience of automotive emissions technologies with good understanding of the chemistry of emissions: E.g. SCR, DPF, GPF, DOC, LNT, SCRF
· Working knowledge of chemistry of exhaust emissions.
· PhD in automotive, mechanical, or aerospace
· Good working knowledge of exhaust acoustics (E.g. mufflers)
· High level programming skills using Matlab and Simulink Knowledge of powertrain emissions control systems
· Knowledge of automotive turbochargers
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.