As a Carrier procurement Manager you mainly lead the transport tender activities within one of the top players in the market.
- Purchase of transport
- Build and maintain relationships with customers,
- Negotiate rates with carriers and guarantee service quality.
- Drawing up the annual tender agenda for each client, and leading and implementing it.
- Responsible for the management of carriers and the onboarding / implementation of new carriers.
- Monitoring quality standards and conducting quarterly evaluations with carriers.
- Support the (operational) team during the implementation process.
- Point of contact for our customers in the field of carrier management and procurement.
- Management of the transport budget
What do we ask for?
- Previous experience as carrier (procurement) manager or purchasing of logistics / transport at an equivalent level
- Experience in negotiating air and / or sea / road and courier freight
- Experience with supply chain management and transport management within Europe; experience in automotive is a plus.
- Fluent command of the English language, spoken and written. German language is a plus.
- Experience with BY / JDA as a procurement tool or other tender tools is a great advantage
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits within a company that offers opportunity to progress your career.
APPLY NOW! or for more information contact Niall Fearon from IC Resources.