My client is primed to disrupt the £20bn LED manufacturing market! They've produced a 'world first' epitaxial layer, on a commercially desirable wafer size, which is capable of producing the world's most efficient LEDs at no additional cost to conventional manufacturing methods.
They're a well funded 'start-up' who will remain fabless and operate on a licensing business model - selling IP to the large LED manufacturers (rather than compete with them directly). They've contracted ongoing R&D at Cambridge University and have strategic 3rd party manufacturing partnerships in place, but need a strong CEO at the helm to commercialise the technology. With low barriers to entry and a vast array of target application areas, this is a very high potential venture if they can find the right person to undertake the following:
· Manage and grow the business to deliver against the Business Plan
· Work closely with the CTO to help deliver the technology
· Develop and deliver a commercial plan to achieve product licenses
· Develop and maintain a deep knowledge of the LED market
· Raise the necessary funds to enable business growth
· Oversee all operations to ensure desired results are achieved
· Work with the Board to enable a smooth running of the business
· Build relationships with key partners/stakeholders and act as a point of contact for shareholders
· Build, lead and motivate internal and external teams
· Develop and deliver a PR strategy
· Work with the company's accountants to deliver regular financial reports to the Board
· Develop and manage the Company's policies and procedures
This role will suit a seasoned business leader who has built and led a hi-tech 'start up' before (ideally in the semiconductor/electronics/scientific space). Experience in LED technology is desirable, but not a 'must'
You can search for a new job here.