I'm searching for a Design Draughtsperson to join a growing team based in South Oxfordshire. You will be joining a world leader in the area of remote handling for hostile. The Design Draughtsperson will be engaged in the delivery of consultancy services, equipment design and implementation. You will be expected to take responsibility for a range of engineering activities concerning the delivery of remote handling projects which are challenging and complex - which makes them extremely interesting to work on - and involves some of the most challenging decommissioning projects currently being undertaken. This will include the production of detail drawings, compiling bills of materials, design change control, and detail design of complex electro-mechanical and hydraulic devices.
Qualifications & experience required
The following are the minimum requirements for this post:
* Educated to HND/Degree level and /or have equivalent experience
* Qualified Cad Designer / Cad Draughtsman
* An excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks
* Strong Organisation skills and able to run multiple projects in parallel
* Ability to communicate effectively and technically and to work as part of a team.
* An excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
The following will be beneficial for this post:
* Experience in the design and detailing of remote handling equipment.
* Experience in the design and detailing of robotic equipment.
* Experience with Weld Symbols and Geometric Tolerancing
* Experience in detailing for components, assemblies, fabrications and machined parts.
* A good working knowledge of SolidWorks PDM would be highly beneficial